Incredibly rare opportunities like this do not come around more than once or twice in a lifetime. This 340 acre property, is a recreational paradise with 3/4 of a mile of the South Fork of the American River, and it is a mere 10 minutes from downtown Placerville. At the elbow of the river's bend, the property spans both sides - affording the new owner the ultimate private spot by the river. This section of the American River is loaded with rainbow and brown trout, and as the only access to the river here is from your property, the fishing holes are yours to enjoy alone.
Located in the D-5 Zone, and bordered by BLM land, you might also be able to get an owner tag through a PLM agreement. There are deer, fox, coyote, bob cat, mountain lion, wild turkey, dove, quail, and other small game critters.
You have access to the property by well maintained internal ranch roads that travel from the top, down to the river, and traversing from North to South.
There are 2 large build sites at the top of the canyon, one is roughly one acre, with a 25 GPM well, PGE power, and stunning views of the Sierras including Pyramid Peak in Desolation Wilderness. The other build site is approximately 3 acres, and has a 5 GPM well.
The zoning is a mix of residential and Ag, with a TPZ designation. The previous owners planted 15,000 trees, of pine and doug fir species, so you may be able to commercially harvest timber in future years.
This section of the river was also mined for gold back in the day, but has basically been left alone since the boom times of the Gold Rush era. After winter storms with heavy rains, you might be lucky enough to stumble across a nugget or two that the rushing waters have uncovered.
• 340 Acres just 10 minutes from Placerville and Highway 50
• 2 Build Sites:
o One appx. 1 acres with PGE and 25 GPM Well
o One with appx 3 acre and 5 GPM well
• 3/4 Mile of the S. Fork of the American River flows through the property
• Internal Roads go down to River at sandy beach spot
• Many fishing holes loaded with Rainbow and Brown Trout
• Borders BLM Land
• D-5 Zone - may get owner tag through PLM agreement
• Formerly dredged for Gold - Placer Mining technique!
• Previous owners planted 15,000 Pine and Doug Fir Trees
• With RL, and TPZ zoning mix, Commercial Harvest of trees may be possible
River View, Water View, Waterfront.