Kinnitty Castle is a neo Gothic Castle property which dates back to the 10th century. Tastefully restored, the property is situated in a very central and accessible location in the middle of Ireland. Equidistant from Shannon and Dublin Airports and only one hour from Galway.
The property is set on approx 61 acres (24.68 hectare of landscaped gardens, paddocks and forest, with a wooded ravine and river.) Forming the eastern boundary of the property are stone stables, 8 loose boxes in total. This is further complimented by five additional loose boxes in the direction of the forest.
The property comprises of three reception rooms, Drawing Room, Dining Room and Library. A huge vaulted bar is located in the basement area, formally the dungeons and kitchens. A total of 19 well appointed bed rooms are located in the main Castle with the outbuildings converted adding a further 18 rooms.
The remains of an ancient Augustinian Monastery, where the odd ghost is seen, dating from 1209 stands also on the site and is integrated very well with the more modern fortress designed by the Pain brothers. An ancient High Cross believed to date from between the 5th and 7th centuries stands in close proximity to the Castle.