J.J. VIOTTASTRAAT 15-II, 1071 JM AMSTERDAM
This unique, luxury two-floor upstairs apartment (approx. 191 m2) occupies a spot in one of the most popular parts of Amsterdam Oud-Zuid! Its benefits include a large roof terrace (approx. 73 m²) with spectacular views of the city, three-metre-plus ceiling heights that let plenty of light in, four bedrooms, two bathrooms and a walk-in closet.
This is a wonderful family home in a prime location!
Accessibility and location:
The apartment is located in one of the most charming parts of Oud Zuid, around the corner from the Cornelis Schuytstraat and its wide range of luxury shops, specialist stores and delicatessens. This lovely area also has a wealth of wonderful restaurants and eateries on offer. The Concertgebouw, Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and Vondelpark are all within walking distance as well. The J.J. Viottastraat is a broad and quiet street that is popular with families, partly because of the close proximity of very good schools and childcare centres. The area benefits from good accessibility by public transport. On-street parking is arranged via the Amsterdam permit system.
The apartment has its own entrance and a wide staircase.
The front door opens into a hall that gives access to all the rooms on this floor, which include a separate toilet room with a washbasin. The apartment’s meter cupboard is located next to the toilet room. The hall also gives access to a coat closet with valuable storage space. Custom-made, glazed sliding doors lead through into a big, bright living room. At the back of this floor, there is a semi-open kitchen with a number of built-in appliances (including a steam oven, combination microwave oven, warming drawer, five-burner gas hob, fridge-freezer, Quooker and wine climate cabinet). Doors in the kitchen open out onto a south-facing balcony. At the front of this floor, there is a large room that would work well as a TV room, study or extra bedroom. The living room has a beautiful DRU Spartherm wood-burning fire with a glass-window lift door. The existing projector connection and built-in speakers make it possible to use the fireplace wall unit as a home cinema as well. A stunning wooden herringbone floor has been laid throughout the second floor.
An internal set of stairs lead to the landing on the third floor. The apartment’s master bedroom and its very luxurious en-suite bathroom are at the back of this floor. The en-suite bathroom has a wonderful marble finish, a (JEE-O) free-standing bath, double washbasin unit, toilet, rain shower and electric underfloor heating. A skylight floods the en-suite bathroom with natural light, which makes it a calm, peaceful space. The master bedroom also has a gas fire and access to the apartment’s big walk-in closet. The south-facing balcony can be accessed via the walk-in closet and also via doors in the master bedroom. The apartment’s second bathroom is centrally located and has a ceramic finish, a toilet, washbasin unit, walk-in shower and electric underfloor heating. The landing gives access to a good-sized laundry room, which also houses the apartment’s central-heating system. There are two pleasant, big bedrooms at the front of the property on this floor.
A beautiful wooden floor has been laid throughout the third floor.
Internal stairs lead to a roof structure with a skylight that gives access to the apartment’s large, sunny roof terrace (approx. 73 m2) and spectacular views of Amsterdam and the Zuid As business district. The roof terrace is very-well maintained and has all the connections necessary for an outdoor kitchen (electricity, water and lighting) and terrace lighting.
Johannes Josephus Viotta (1814-1859), a doctor in Amsterdam, of Italian origin. He was also a composer of church music and put the lyrics of J.P. Heije to music in folk songs (source: Stadsatlas Amsterdam).
- Apartment right approx. 191 m² (NEN-2580 measurement report available)
- High-end finish
- Wonderful family home
- Four bedrooms and two bathrooms
- Very large roof terrace (approx. 73 m²) with superb views
- Owners’ association in the process of being formed
- Monthly service charges still to be determined
- Leasehold property. 2000 General Terms & Conditions apply. Lease term: 01-09-1993 to 31-08-2043 inclusive. Annual indexation
Ground rent: €1,262.91 per year, from 1-09-2023 to 31-08-2024 inclusive
- Switch to a perpetual ground lease requested via the application made under the spijtoptantenregeling (a scheme for leaseholders who did not take advantage of the opportunity to switch to perpetual leasehold on time).
- Intercom on every floor, including the rooftop structure
- Home cinema ready (projector cables and connections)
- Built-in Bower & Wilkens home-cinema speakers
- Built-in subwoofer connection
- Built-in Bower & Wilkins ceiling speakers in the living room, kitchen and master bedroom for Sonos connection
- Remote-controlled LED (colour) lighting behind the fireplace wall unit and the ceiling of the TV room
- Connections for outside kitchen present on the roof terrace/in the rooftop structure - hot/cold water & drainage
- Extra power points on roof terrace plus light sensor for terrace lighting
- Wireless-operated (silent) ITHO ventilation (central box in the same location as the central heating system)
- Optical fibre connection
- Transfer date in consultation
- Parking arranged via Amsterdam permit system (source: Parking, City of Amsterdam.
We have gathered this information with the greatest of possible care. However, we will not accept any liability for any incompleteness, inaccuracy or any other matter nor for the consequences of such. All measurements and surfaces stated are indicative. The purchaser has a duty to investigate any matter that may be of importance to him or her. The estate agent is the adviser to the seller with regard to this residence. We advise you to engage an expert (NVM registered) estate agent who will guide you through the purchasing process. Should you have any specific desires with regard to the residence, we advise you to make these known as soon as possible to your purchasing estate agent and have an independent investigation carried out into such matters. If you do not engage an expert, you will be deemed as considering yourself to be sufficiently expert to be able to oversee all matters that could be important. The NVM conditions apply.