Garden View, Park View.
Perched on a sweet hill overlooking the Umbrian countryside, Villa delle Ninfee is an elegant country house from the 17th century, surrounded by a large park and with a swimming pool.
The property consists of the main house, two buildings divided in 4 independent apartments, the private chapel, the lemon garden, two warehouses, the tool shed, the stables and the barn, for an overall gross surface of about 2525 square meters.
We are at the borders of a peaceful village, only 5 miles from Perugia and not far from some of the main historical cities in Umbria: Passignano sul Trasimeno (29 km), Castiglione del Lago (30km), Assisi (37 km), Spello (41 km), which are all less than 45 minutes away by car. With a little over an hour's drive one can get to Orvieto (70 km), Spoleto (73 km) and, in Tuscany, Chianciano (60 km), Montepulciano (66 km) and Arezzo (92 km).
The nearest airport is Sant'Egidio, in Perugia (23 km).
The A1 highway is 39 km away.
Description of buildings
The Villa – the main house - is surely the strong asset of this property: occupying four stories, for an overall gross surface of 1065 sqm, it has preserved the original characteristics of the time when it was built. The main entrance, with accesses from the northern and southern sides, leads into all the different rooms on the ground floor: a large dining room and other rooms currently used by the hotel, including a kitchen. On the main floor, to which one arrives by climbing a majestic wooden flight of stairs, are the dining room with a fireplace, the billiard room, the living room with a fireplace, an office, a drawing room, a kitchen, a bedroom and a bathroom.
The second floor is dedicated exclusively to sleeping quarters, with 8 bedrooms and two bathrooms. The third floor is the attic, made into 7 rooms, which were originally the servants' quarters.
The double inner stairs provide each floor with an area destined to the owners and another to the servants.
All the other buildings are located around the main house:
- facing the lemon garden, a building that occupies two stories, for a total of 200 gross sqm, with a covered arcade. Part of the building is the lemon garden itself, while the remaining parts are used as service areas for the garden and the nearby pool;
- nearby, next to a lovely hedge labyrinth, there is a warehouse of about 50 gross sqm, which could be converted into a house, obviously in accordance with an urbanization plan;
- behind the main house there are two interconnected buildings, both ancient. The first, nearest the main house, consists of a single apartment on two levels, with the kitchen, dining room, living room and bathroom on the ground floor and another kitchen/living room with a large fireplace, 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms on the first floor;
- to the side of the main house is the private chapel;· the second building also occupies two stories, and is made up of 3 independent apartments, of which one is on the ground floor, with a living room and American kitchen, bedroom and bathroom, and two on the first floor, with kitchen/living room, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms;
- this building also houses the stables with 5 bathrooms and a warehouse;
- the barn, currently covering 250 gross sqm. Its volume may be recovered by converting it into a house of about 500 sqm, obviously in accordance with an urbanization plan;
- the tool shed, made up of 5 rooms, covers an overall gross surface of about 200 sqm.
Energy class: E.
All buildings are well preserved and in good maintenance.
The property is surrounded by about 9 hectares of land, of which 3 make up the park, enclosed by a solid wall. The park is another strong asset of this magnificent property: part of it is accurately managed following the typical schemes of an Italian garden, while the remaining area is grass-covered. The park is crisscrossed by paths and narrow roads, hedges that offer privacy while marking boundaries, ancient low stone walls that used to separate the inhabited parts of the property from the areas used for agriculture.Near the swimming pool and the lemon gardens there is a lovely woods, while the patio has two fountains, different in appearance and material.The property has two entrances: the main entrance is protected by a majestic cast iron gate, while the other leads into a stately tree- and hedge-lined alley, which on its turn gives access to the area behind the main house.
Usage and potential
Thanks to its location, very near Perugia and equidistant from the other main historical cities in Umbria and Tuscany, Villa delle Ninfee can clearly maintain its vocation as a hotel, which is its current use.
It can also be used as private residence.
It should be emphasized that the Villa has a series of interesting tax incentives, on the acquisition as well as for renting if used as a hotel.
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, this web site and the materials are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. LuxuryRealEstate.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed, implied, or statutory including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not warrant that this web site or the materials are completely error free, will operate without interruption, are compatible with all equipment and software configurations, free of viruses, errors, or other harmful components, or will otherwise meet your needs.