Claim your slice of Heaven on Earth at this private 160+ acre forest preserve in Sheep Ranch, Calaveras County. Toward the end of a private road, the home site is a several acre park like setting with open fields, shaded patios, a high-fenced vegetable garden, and spectacular views of the surrounding mountains. The two lower parcels are in a conservation easement, creating a permanant nature preserve as well as a buffer between you and your neighbors. The property is framed on one side by Basella Creek, and the year round O'neil Creek runs through the southeast corner. The house is a 4,000 square foot custom log cabin luxury home, with wrap-around covered porches affording views of the surrounding nature. The property has incredible off-the-grid infrastructure, including an 8 KW solar system, stand-by battery bank, and emergency generator in its own weatherproof enclosure - meaning you have complete independence from the utility grid, yet you are not lacking any comforts of a high-end residence. During the winter months, you will appreciate the radiant floor heating and wood burning fireplace, and during the summer months the whole-house fan and afternoon delta breezes will cool you down. There is an abundance of water on the property, including a 75 GPM well, two 5,000 gallon storage tanks, a 1,500 gallon and a 1, 000 gallon storage tank, providing more than enough water for both your domestic and irrigation water needs. The 40' x 80' metal barn building has an office, a 960 square foot loft, and provides enough storage space for all of your toys and the equipment you'll need to maintain this first class property.
• 160+ private forested acres
• Conservation Easement on lower parcels creating nature preserve and buffer from neighbors
• 4,000 square foot custom log-cabin designed home
• Radiant Heating Floors, and Whole House Fan
• Dumb-Waiter and Laundry Chute
• Wrap-Around Covered Porch with Views of local mountains
• Walk-Out Basement with ATV Port or Dog Kennel area
• Satellite TV and Internet Service
• High-Fenced Vegetable Garden with Raised Beds
• Full independence from the utility grid with 8 KW solar, 27 KW Diesel Generator, and Stand-By Battery Bank
• 75 GPM Well with (2) 5000 gal. (1) 1500 gal. and (1) 1000 gal. storage tanks
• 40' x 80' Metal Barn
• Deer, Black-bear, cougar, fox, racoon, wild turkey, quail, dove
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, this web site and the materials are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. LuxuryRealEstate.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed, implied, or statutory including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not warrant that this web site or the materials are completely error free, will operate without interruption, are compatible with all equipment and software configurations, free of viruses, errors, or other harmful components, or will otherwise meet your needs.