Away from the chaos of today’s world in a very private and peaceful setting! Here is a relatively undiscovered mecca for the outdoor enthusiast as well as to those looking for a place to truly relax and enjoy the scenery from the huge deck. The charming and spacious ranch house is designed and oriented for year round comfort. A huge rock fireplace invites fireside conversation and relaxation. Every window looks out to a spectacular view! Keep your fly rod handy as the rushing Yuba River is just a few steps away from the house! Perfectly located just off all seasons Hwy 49 at Bassetts where a turn to the northwest takes you into the Sierra Buttes/Gold Lakes Basin. A turn to the southeast accesses trails to a whole different eco system towards Jackson Meadows and beyond. In every direction you have miles and miles of USFS roads and trails including the nearby Pacific Crest Trail and direct access to nearly 50 lakes!
• Bring your fly rod! Over 300’ of deeded wild and rushing North Fork of the Yuba River frontage is ready for the flycaster!
• A very lovely private trout pond fed by year round Howard Creek is surrounded by lush green lawn and a mature aspen grove complete with a hammock next to the river!
• The property enjoys full water rights to both the river and the creek! Throughout the growing season the abundant flowers and mountain meadow landscaping are easily irrigated with a 12 station timer.
• Towering over the landscape is a breathtaking view of the magnificent craggy peaks of the 8591’ Sierra Buttes!
• Somewhat unassuming and sitting back from the road the home offers plenty of room for gathering, games, conviviality and relaxing. The giant rock fireplace adds to the ambiance and with its efficient insert will heat the whole house. Tile floors are thermostatically heated for comfort.
• There are four unique and charming bedrooms and four dream bathrooms (two with Jacuzzi tubs), open kitchen and dining area, utility room, storage galore and a huge deck that just spells relaxation.
• Very well equipped for year round living and access, the wide circular driveway is paved. Fixtures and appliances are all top of the line in quality. A 20KW generator services the whole place in case of power outage. Security and fire alarm systems are hard wired.
• The current owners have enjoyed operating a very popular and successful seasonal B & B but also enjoy using it for their home and family retreat. The house is suitably arranged for a shared ownership as well. A separate very comfortable cottage serves as owners' quarters and office while operating as a B & B and could have many uses.
• Springtime is when all awakens to the glory of flora and fauna alike. As the snow melts plants and flowers mystically appear, creeks are rushing, birds are singing, and all the lovely animals come out to celebrate.
• Summertime is the busiest season with abundant fishing, hiking, swimming, camping, horseback riding, mountain biking, photography, plein air artistry, as well as just sitting on a rock and “being.” There are several seasonal restaurants hidden away in special places along the Gold Lakes Road. The very charming hamlet of Sierra City is just 5 minutes away for supplies and a couple of other restaurants.
• Autumn is the season when Mother Nature shows her stuff. The colors rival anything New England has to offer. Located in the prime D3 zone for blacktail deer hunting.
• Wintertime is heaven for the snowmobiler or cross country skier. Groomed trails abound! Gold Lakes Road is not plowed allowing sleds into the fabulous back country.
• Just about 1 hour from Truckee, 1 ½ hours from Reno, 45 minutes from Nevada City all on good and well maintained roads.
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, this web site and the materials are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. LuxuryRealEstate.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed, implied, or statutory including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not warrant that this web site or the materials are completely error free, will operate without interruption, are compatible with all equipment and software configurations, free of viruses, errors, or other harmful components, or will otherwise meet your needs.