A Piece of Portola Valley History Goes Up for Sale
Posted by Teressa Francis — November 6, 2012
Cupertino, CA - Celebrating its 100th anniversary with a complete renovation, the historic Castle at Willow Brook Farm is up for sale. Located at 451 Portola Road in Portola Valley, it was built by entrepreneur and former Fairmont Hotel owner Herbert E. Law in 1912. The former gatehouse to the Lauriston estate, it was originally built as a residence for his superintendent, Henry Schillinger, a botanist hired to oversee Law’s vast farmlands of medicinal plants grown for the health remedies produced by his famous company Viavi.
According to representing agent Linda Hymes of Intero Real Estate Services in Woodside, the estate was created using river rock from the Corte Madera creek. The property consists of ~5800 sq. ft, of real estate, including 1000 sq. ft. of new construction by design/builder Derek Gaffney of Triton Custom Builders, and includes a separate stone guest cottage, 1200 sq. ft workshop, pool, enclosed garden and fruit orchard.
The property is located at 451 Portola Road, PV, CA 94028.
For more information contact:
Linda Hymes, REALTOR Intero Real Estate Services
About the Intero® brand
Founded in 2002, Intero Real Estate Services, Inc. has quickly become one of the premier real estate brands in the U.S. In 2004, Intero Franchise Services Inc. began franchising and currently is operating in many of the western states. In 2009, Intero International Franchise Services, LLC embarked on developing territories in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and the Americas. The companies are private and headquartered in California’s Silicon Valley.