Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage Organizes Brokers, Staff Aid in Recognizing Colorado Day
Posted by Douglas E. Lierle — August 2, 2012
On the 136th anniversary of Colorado joining the union, and in an effort to help support Colorado communities hardest hit by recent tragedies, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage has organized a statewide Day of Service on Wednesday, August 1. Coldwell Banker agents, managers and staff are volunteering their time and effort at six projects that have been set up in Denver, Fort Collins and Colorado Springs.
“This is a devastating time for hundreds of Colorado families,” said Chris Mygatt, president for Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage. “Many of our neighbors have lost homes, clothing, basic necessities and, most tragically, loved ones. Our goal for Colorado Day of Service is to remember the sense of pride we have for our state and to work together to rebuild our neighborhoods and look to a brighter future, one step at a time.”
Projects for the Colorado Day of Service include:
· Denver Parks & Recreation at Swansea Neighborhood Park – Volunteers will be edging sidewalk, adding fiber to the playground, weeding, mulching trees, and painting. 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· Habitat for Humanity Restore – Volunteers will help at the Denver, Wheat Ridge and Littleton stores. 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. or 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
· Colorado Aids Project Food Bank – Volunteers will be handing out food, move boxes, unload food, organize shelves, etc. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· Fort Collins Fire Relief Distribution Center – Volunteers will help stock shelves, move inventory, unload goods, track inventory, write thank you notes for donations etc. 235 E. Foothills Pkwy in the Foothills Mall. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· Pikes Peak Habitat for Humanity Restore – Volunteers will help price and organize merchandise, clean etc. 411 S. Wahsatch in Colorado Springs. 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
· Colorado Springs Salvation Army – Volunteers will help inventory projects, organize emergency disaster materials, etc. 908 Yuma Street in Colorado Springs. 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
As a follow up to Colorado Day of Service, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage is inviting the public to a powerful Up with People dance and music show on Saturday, August 11 to benefit victims of the tragic Aurora shootings. The performance will be held at the Performing Arts Complex at the Pinnacle Charter School in Denver and 25 percent of each $20 ticket sold will benefit families and loved ones affected by the Aurora shooting tragedy.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.upwithpeople.org/DenverB2012.
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, a leading real estate brokerage in Colorado, operates 14 offices with 1,040 sales associates serving the communities of the Denver area. The company offers residential and commercial brokerage, corporate relocation and mortgage services. Through its internationally renowned Coldwell Banker Previews® program, the company is widely recognized for its expertise in the luxury housing market. Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, online at www.ColoradoHomes.com, is part of NRT LLC, the nation’s largest residential real estate brokerage company. NRT, a subsidiary of Realogy Corporation, operates Realogy’s company-owned real estate brokerage offices. For more information please visit www.ColoradoHomes.com or call 925.275.3085.