Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty Hosts Nassau County Executive Laura Curran for Property Assessment Seminar
Posted by Kathleen Caputi — April 11, 2019
COLD SPRING HARBOR, NY - Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty, one of the nation’s leading realtors, recently invited Nassau County Executive Laura Curran to meet with a group of its real estate advisors to discuss changes to the County’s property assessment program. Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty Chief Executive Officer Deirdre O’Connell hosted the event.
“Nassau County is in the midst of its first countywide reassessment in nearly a decade, and our real estate advisors are on the front lines of the change, helping home buyers and sellers understand the new property values and direct them to the process for challenging them,” explained Mrs. O’Connell. “We want our licensed real estate advisors to have a comfortable knowledge of this important change.”
Close to 100 Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty real estate advisors attended the seminar to listen to the County Executive and raise questions about assessed values and senior exemptions with assessment department officials.
Last year, County Executive Curran ordered the countywide reassessment, which affects more than 400,000 commercial and residential properties. The reassessment was necessary, county officials said, to restore accuracy to the tax rolls. According to county data, the reassessment is expected to produce tax increases for 52 percent of homeowners and reductions for the other 48 percent.
“During my campaign, I promised to fix the broken and inherently unfair assessment system and restore accuracy to our assessment rolls,” said County Executive Curran. “This was a valuable opportunity to speak with the knowledgeable professionals who engage with local homebuyers every day, and to dispel misconceptions and discuss the real-world impacts of the reassessment. I’ve made it a priority to secure my Taxpayer Protection Plan to smooth out the impact of the reassessment over a period of five years. I’m pleased to share that New York State passed the 2019-2020 Budget, which includes that plan.”
About Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty
Consistently achieving the highest average sales prices nationwide, Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty is a $3.5 billion-dollar organization based on Long Island, N.Y. with more than 950 real estate advisors serving New York City’s metropolitan area with 28 offices in Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk counties, the North Fork of Long Island and Westhampton Beach. Our clients benefit from a 360 degree approach to integrative, innovative marketing reaching today’s home buyers and sellers through products and apps they love, providing almost instantaneous market data. We are the regional leader in New Development Sales and Marketing as the exclusive sales and marketing team for The Ritz-Carlton Residences, North Hills; The Bridges at Whitestone in Queens; The Beacon at Garvies Point, Glen Cove; among other prominent new build communities. In 2018 Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty had the top sale on Long Island (excluding the Hamptons); a $9.6 million waterfront home on Long Island’s Gold Coast. Our other services include a full Relocation/Referrals Division, Commercial and Rental Divisions, and Ambassador Abstract Title company. The Sotheby’s International Realty® affiliate for Long Island and Queens since 1976, Daniel Gale Sotheby’s has gained national and international recognition, including top honors for sales, marketing and technology worldwide. For more information, visit www.danielgale.com.