Wed, 15 Feb 2012
Gary Macrides of Surterre Properties Names OCAR's Realtor of the Year
Posted by Claire Adams
A hardworking professional who’s passionate not only about helping his clients succeed, but about helping his community thrive, Gary is one of South Orange County’s most respected and sought-after real estate professionals.
“I’m incredibly honored to have been named Realtor of the Year by my peers at OCAR — it’s a prestigious designation that acknowledges the ethical way I conduct my business and underscores my commitment to my clients,” Gary said. “My reputation as a real estate professional and Realtor hinges on the quality of service that I provide, and this is a wonderful reminder of that. It’s my goal in 2012 to further perfect my brand of service.”
Extensively experienced in the art of business, Gary is a world traveler who’s resided on several continents — and he possesses a one-of-a-kind perspective on the real estate transaction as a result. Through dedication and perseverance, he’s earned a solid reputation as a trustworthy agent who expertly assembles the most favorable outcomes possible. His loyal following of repeat and referral clients is the ultimate testament to his ethics and level of quality that defines his work.
With the support of Surterre Properties, Gary’s potential for success knows no bounds. Unique advantages like an award-winning in-house marketing team, a distinctive company culture that encourages teamwork for the benefit of all clients represented, and the latest advances in industry technology immeasurably boost the opportunity available to his clients. Most importantly, they ensure he has the time to focus his efforts on the most important element of his business: personalized service.
Both Gary and Kelly, his wife, business partner and lifetime Dana Point resident, are Dana Point homeowners. They are known as avid animal lovers and support local animal shelters, having rescued a number over the years, five of which they currently call family.
To say that Gary gives back to his profession and involves himself in other professional organizations and initiatives outside his career would be an understatement. Following are some details on his presence in the community:
• Active Member and Ambassador, Dana Point Chamber of Commerce
• Vice Chair & Director, 2006, Dana Point Chamber of Commerce
• Ambassador Chair, 2006, Dana Point Chamber of Commerce
• Ambassador of the Year 2005, Dana Point Chamber of Commerce
• Volunteer, Meals on Wheels Program
• Advanced Member, DP CERT, (Dana Point Community Emergency Response Team)
• President 2010, Orange County Association of Realtors®
• Treasurer/Secretary, 2008, Orange County Association of Realtors®
• Director 2006-2011, Orange County Association of Realtors®
• Past State Director, California Association of Realtors®
• Past National Director, National Association of Realtors®
• Realtor of the Year Recipient 2011