Historic estate featuring large villa surrounded by around 7 hectares of private grounds, in Montepulciano. Measuring 2097 sq.m in total, requiring restoration, with the chance to extend it by another 1500 sq.m to build a luxury hotel
Montepulciano is situated in the heart of Tuscany, where the Val D’Orcia and the Val di Chiana intersect, among the lush vineyards and olive groves.
The village, full of stately palazzos, historic churches and stunning squares, still has its medieval charm and is equidistant from both Siena and Perugia, each around 60 km away and less than an hour’s drive, while Florence, 108 km away, is around an hour and a half.
The nearest airport is Perugia, 75 km away, while in less than two hours you can be in Rome (171 km) and its two airports: Ciampino (188 km) and Fiumicino (206 km).
Description of buildings
Villa Sant’Agnese, a historic estate, surrounded by around 7 hectares of private grounds, is just outside the walls of Montepulciano.
The villa, which has 4 floors, measures 2032 sq.m in total, plus a 65 sq.m garage, and it was last used as an old people’s home.
The inside is currently as follows:
- in the basement, there are various utility areas (kitchen, pantry, changing room, ironing room, laundry room, staff bathrooms and a private chapel);
- on the ground floor, there are the living spaces, clinics, studies and guest bathrooms for the floor;
- on the first floor there are 5 bedrooms with private bathroom, 8 more bedrooms and 4 bathrooms;
- in the loft, there are two offices, the archives, 4 bathrooms and 11 attic spaces;
- there is a restoration plan for the property, which has already been approved by the City Council, to be extended (by around 1500 sq.m) and converted into a luxury hotel with spa, indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
State and finishing
The property, while being in good structural condition, requires total restoration.
The villa is surrounded by 6.78 hectares of private grounds, in which it would be possible to create a garden, a large parking area, the swimming pool and footpaths which could provide direct access to Montepulciano.
Within the property there is also a fertile olive grove with around 120 trees.
Use and potential uses
Due to its location, in one of Tuscany’s best loved towns and convenient in relation to all of Central Italy’s main historic cities, Villa Sant’Agnese really lends itself to being converted into a high-end luxury hotel, with the opportunity to create another 20 bedrooms with private bathrooms within its spacious living areas, a large wellness centre with indoor pool in the basement and a gym in the garage.
Fireplace, Parking, Private.
Family Room, Formal Dining Room, Game Room, Inside Laundry, Office, Storage Room, Study, Utility Room.
Large Open Gathering Space, Outdoor Living Space, Shaded Area(s), Sunny Area(s).
Garden View, Hills View, Trees.
Historic, In-City, Villa, Wine Country.