Large Historic Wooded Parcel For Sale. This 6.64 acres parcel is ideal for a large estate house, with outlying barn and buildings, horse paddock, exercise rings and trails; or there is the potential to subdivide into smaller lots. The wooded, sloping land is situated on a sand esker, and is bordered to the east by state-owned land, to the north by conservation land and a sportsman’s club, and to the south by the original historic 1797 farmhouse. The lot still shows signs of the original farm buildings, foundations, and stone walls. Originally this land was used as open grazing fields for dairy cows, hay fields, and a wood lot. The farm was part of the 1723 land grant establishing the Plantation of Shrewsbury; this property was parcel 17 on the land grant plan. It has been owned by only three families since colonial days. The currents owners have owned the property since 1955.
|Spring Street Elementary , Shrewsbury HS High , Junior High , Sherwood & Oak Middle School|
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, this web site and the materials are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. LuxuryRealEstate.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed, implied, or statutory including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not warrant that this web site or the materials are completely error free, will operate without interruption, are compatible with all equipment and software configurations, free of viruses, errors, or other harmful components, or will otherwise meet your needs.