Rich with cultural history, architectural detail and fantastic potential for renovation, the Wyeth-Eliot House is perhaps one of the few remaining opportunities to reinvent a significant property in the Old Cambridge Historic district. Known for its serpentine or “wavy” brick wall which bounds the property and caps historic Brattle Street, this landmark property is available for the first time in several decades. The circa 1838 home, then known as 219 Brattle Street, was built with both Georgian simplicity and Federal style confidence. Between 1909 and 1927 the entrance was redirected, space was added, revisions made to create new elevations in harmony with rich classical details: elliptical and fanlight pediments, dentil moldings, six-over-six windows crowned with lintels, quoining at corners, and roof punctuated by shed dormers and four chimneys. The home is set on nearly an acre of private wooded land, replete with porches, patios, extensive terraced gardens, and carriage house.
Central Air Conditioning.
Air Conditioning, Furnace.
Deck, Outdoor Living Space, Patio.