The name of the villa originates from the "place of marsh reeds adjacent to the Madama pit", it was built in 1468 probably by Luca Fancelli for the Marquises of Gonzaga as the Representative Palace.
In 1919 it was bought by the Fulghieri family, who sold them to the Municipality of Gonzaga which, in turn, sold them to Messrs. Costanti, Regolo and Carolina Giovannini, in these years it was also used as a municipal middle school.
In October 1985, Villa Canaro or Palazzo del Canaro was purchased by a company that has experienced all the mandatory work of complete restoration given the conditions in which the villa was paid. In the short span of a year, about 500 square meters of 18th century frescoes were discovered by a pupil of Bibiena, a certain Pietro Mazzoccoli, who on commission of the marquis nerli embellished the 40 rooms and other important dimensions in the surroundings. The previous domes and some coffered ceilings have also been restored. All the exterior painting, the external decorations and the garden were designed recalling the style of the 1700s. All the windows, the electrical and sanitary systems have been restored. In 2012 the Villa remains heavily damaged by the seismic events that hit the Emilia and lower Mantovano areas. Interest is presented at Villa the constraint to the Superintendency for Architectural and Landscape Heritage for the provinces of Brescia and Cremona as a cultural asset of interest
In 2014 under the supervision of the Superintendency and with the contributions paid by the Lombardy Region in the restructuring works, which will end in 2017.
The building is now divided into 7 units with independent boilers and electrical systems:
The ground floor is divided into two independent units in a common area including the large central hall.
In the piano there is the turret compartment, the entrance to the rear entrance and the due proportions that connect the two units with the first floor.
Entrance in front of Via Pedroni (east side), side entrance with ample parking in Via Dante (north side) and entrance at the back in Via Canaro (west side).
Each unit has services and wc suitable for the disabled, boiler and independent users.
The First Plan is divided into two independent units in a common area. It has a large marble staircase leading to the music room and two staircases on the sides of the building.
Each unit has services and wc, boiler and independent utilities.
The basement houses the cellars while the attic floor is already set up for all the systems for different users.
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, this web site and the materials are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. LuxuryRealEstate.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed, implied, or statutory including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not warrant that this web site or the materials are completely error free, will operate without interruption, are compatible with all equipment and software configurations, free of viruses, errors, or other harmful components, or will otherwise meet your needs.