Garten, Park, Pool.
LIVE LIKE A LORD
Originally built for a noble family from Montmorillon, Château L’Hubértière is in the classical turreted style with a stone cantilevered staircase, many bedrooms & living rooms in the midst of a tranquil village. It was used as a hunting lodge with a vast yet elegant stable block + kennels. Four especially commissioned and now valuable Aubusson tapestries in the foyer tell the story.
Some 20 years ago €1m + was spent on the chateau – the stable block and chateau both have new roofs/Siemens wiring and new plumbing as well as double glazing throughout/Villeroy Boch porcelain vanities and Grohe tapware/2 kitchens + laundry room/2 Viessman boilers. Recent renovations include a new electronic gate system, new pool chlorinator + new hard pool cover, boiler maintenance.
A new owner will enjoy parklike gardens & a luxurious family home with staff accommodation or run a potentially high-income producing property whilst retaining the private apartment. The chateau is being sold as a private home not a business, but the potential has been proven.
▪ The courtyard foundation is a thick concrete slab beneath the pavers thus providing an extremely strong base for vehicle traffic
▪ Garage for two vehicles with a mechanic's pit + male pissoir + a powder room
▪ Magnificent stable block deal for a car collection or as a venue for weddings/events + large attics x 2 above
▪ All locks in both the chateau and the outbuildings open with one key
• Double glazed windows throughout including the stable block
• Most rooms have splendid and ornate Italian marble fireplaces
• External shutters on all rooms (bar the conservatory)
• Multiple oil-fired radiators throughout
• Private owners’ apartment
• Two kitchens and 9 bathrooms + 2 powder rooms
▪ The pool hardcover is solar power operated
▪ New pool privacy hedge planted
• A majestic ballroom has doors faced with beveled mirror + the early mirror above a magnificent red carved marble fireplace
▪ An al fresco dining area has electronic awnings + 3 stone slab benches
▪ A bore that feeds an electronically operated pop up irrigation system
▪ Rhododendron/camelia and azalea beds + mature Cedar of Lebanon, tilleul, horse chestnut, walnut and magnolia grandiflora many of which are illuminated from below
▪ Lavender bushes along the entire rear boundary wall
▪ A Romanesque folly in the form of a ruined arch sits above a water basin featuring up lights and waterfall
▪ The garden is extensively illuminated with antique style lamp posts
▪ Garden storeroom (could become a small shop for antiques) + carpentry workshop makes up the stable outbuildings
▪ Three early dog kennels are in an iron fenced area and ideal for raising chickens in safety
▪ The orchard has several mature fruit trees: cherry/fig/quince/plum/nashi pear and apple/massive bay trees + a large walnut tree
OWNERS' SELF CONTAINED RETREAT:
A second staircase leads to the owners' retreat of two spacious rooms + impressive en suite with both bath and shower + dressing room
GLASS CONSERVATORY: next to the pool this tiled space acts as a winter sunroom.
THE BUREAU: The oak paneling has been signed and dated by the master craftsman. There is a massive safe for the "family jewels" secreted behind the paneling.
MAIN KITCHEN is paved and has an impressive stone fireplace. It is furnished with Provencal style Miele cabinets + a Godin stove + new induction hob + Miele dishwasher + Miele microwave
SECOND BUTLER'S KITCHEN has a double sink, fitted Miele cabinets, dishwasher and wide AEG oven/grill with a pizza stone
BEDROOMS: 9 rooms in all - 2 single and 7 spacious doubles. Two have elaborate iron balustraded Juliette balconies.
BATHROOMS in the CHATEAU: There are four en suites. All fitted with Villeroy Boch basins and Grohe taps + custom made vanities also by Villeroy Boch. + 3 additional bathrooms
CLUB ROOM is next to the ballroom and is an ideal family or guest room
SCANDINAVIAN SAUNA CABIN: Family size in cedar with shower in adjoining bathroom and w.c. next door
WINE CELLAR is a massive stone vaulted area beneath the conservatory. Fully illuminated with new lights.
▪ Apple drying room + several garden storages sheds for the ride on mower etc.
▪ Upper level attic above the apple room. Accessed from internally by a timber staircase + an external iron ladder. This is also double glazed.
▪ Old stable block with massive reception room + multi car garage. All double glazed.
▪ Two room self-contained and double-glazed apartment above the garage (known as Groom’s Cottage Apartment)
▪ Wood storage sheds
▪ Concrete yard with two designated composting areas
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, this web site and the materials are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. LuxuryRealEstate.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed, implied, or statutory including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not warrant that this web site or the materials are completely error free, will operate without interruption, are compatible with all equipment and software configurations, free of viruses, errors, or other harmful components, or will otherwise meet your needs.