"Vreeburg" is a one-of-a-kind listed historic dwelling (Rijksmonument) in the heart of the Het Spiegel district in Bussum. This majestic detached villa, dating from 1900 and designed by the famous Dutch architect A. Jacot, is an iconic example of the notable architectural style characteristic of the residences in this neighbourhood. As well as being embellished with superb Art Nouveau features, both inside and out, the home boasts an enormous secluded south-facing garden (1527m2) and includes a multi-functional annexe of 70m2 with a separate address.
This home's imposing beauty and exquisite style, distinguished by the outstanding quality of its construction, recall a bygone era. The current residents have completely restored the residence in keeping with the original architectural style, which has kept the authentic features intact while combining contemporary finishes with timeless elegance.
The stunning entry with white marble flooring and cloakroom leads to the high-ceilinged central hall, spacious living room, dining room, kitchen, lavatory, and grand staircase. An enormous Art Nouveau stained glass window illuminates the stairwell to the first floor, which features a landing, master bedroom with big walk-in closet and balcony, second bedroom, bathroom, and separate w.c. The second floor comprises a landing, a large living area with open kitchen, extremely spacious bedroom, shower room, and separate w.c. There is also an attic, a cellar, and a separate detached unit with its own address. The house is surrounded by gardens – in particular a sunny, south-facing main garden - with a number of terraces and also features a shed, and a distinctive veranda attached to the living room. The driveway can accommodate several vehicles
• Art Nouveau style entryway through an arched brickwork porch with blue, yellow and red tiles.
• Vestibule with marble flooring and cloakroom
• Large central reception hall with original wainscoting, parquet flooring, and high ceilings
• Lavatory with washbasin
• Gorgeous double doors with Art Nouveau style window to enormous living room with gas fireplace, beamed ceiling, original parquet flooring, and French doors to the veranda and garden
• Study/dining room, accessible via the hall
• Big, light eat-in kitchen with door to the garden
• Good-sized cellar, accessible via the kitchen
Side room, suitable as bedroom or dining room
- Beautiful original wood ceiling
- Double glazing
- High quality alarm system with sensors installed on the premises
• Lovely staircase with original handrail and period stained glass window
• Original wooden stairway details
• Landing with fabulous wooden ceiling
• Large master bedroom with beautiful bay window overlooking the garden, deep wardrobe, and access to a separate area suitable for use as walk-in closet and/or bathroom
• 2nd good-sized bedroom
• Spacious bathroom with bath, shower, and double washbasin
• Separate w.c. with washbasin
• Shower room
• Large living area with open kitchen
• Big bedroom with many classic period features
• Stairs to big attic/loft
• Upstairs level can be converted to accommodate two extra bedrooms and a bathroom
• Hall and w.c.
• Spacious room
• Room with French doors to the garden
• 3rd room
Living space: 313m²
Plot size: 1527m²
Asking price € 2.250.000,- k.k. Buyer pays costs
Available for immediate occupation
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, this web site and the materials are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. LuxuryRealEstate.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed, implied, or statutory including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not warrant that this web site or the materials are completely error free, will operate without interruption, are compatible with all equipment and software configurations, free of viruses, errors, or other harmful components, or will otherwise meet your needs.