Garage, Garden, Pool.
Balcony, Barbecue, Open Porch(es), Outdoor Living Space, Security Gate, Sunny Area(s), Swimming.
Garden View, Swimming Pool View.
Period residence for sale in the centre of a small village 8 km from Novara. Comprising two buildings and split into 4 separate apartments, with 650 sq.m of outdoor space, pool, dressing room and garage.
Villa Hedera is a period villa with swimming pool, for sale in Piedmont in the historic centre of a small village on a hilly outcrop, which rises around 10 metres above the surrounding plain.
It is situated just 8 km from Novara, less than an hour from Northern Italy’s famous lakes and from Milan (60 km).
The nearest airport is Milan Malpensa which is 40 minutes’ drive away, (38 km) while Bergamo Orio al Serio (102 km) and Turin Caselle (116km) are just over an hour away.
Description of buildings
The property comprises a historic home with courtyard, which probably dates from the 15th century.
The accommodation comprises two adjacent buildings, separated into four apartments with their own entrance, for a total surface area of 751 sq.m, plus three garages measuring 18 sq.m each and an unfinished attic (maximum height 2.40 m and minimum 1.20 m) measuring 158 sq.m in total.
The main building has three floors, with just one apartment on the ground floor and the stairway which provides access to the house.
The first floor comprises a large living room, the kitchen with good-sized pantry, a bathroom, a balcony and a terrace with view of the pool. On the floor above there is a studio, a walk-in wardrobe, four bedrooms and a bathroom.
The second building has two floors, plus an unfinished attic, and is divided into three apartments and a cellar:
- One independent apartment, on the ground floor, with living room, kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom;
- One independent apartment, on the ground floor, with living room, dining kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
- A cellar, on the ground floor, with its own entrance from outside;
- One apartment with two floors, with living room and kitchenette on the ground floor, and two bedrooms, a studio, a large utility area with laundry room, a bathroom and a balcony with view of the pool on the second floor.
In the courtyard there is another building, which is divided into 3 garages and houses the utility area for the pool.
State and finishing
The property has been restored several times since 1997 and on the whole is in good condition.
The floors are tiled or wood and in some areas there are also wooden ceilings.
The property has three fireplaces, one in the main building and two in the guest apartments.
All the access doors are secure or have iron security grating. All of the windows have mosquito screens. The entrance gate and the garage doors are solid chestnut wood and are automatic (only one garage door is manual).
Villa Hedera benefits from around 650 sq.m of private outdoor space, plus two balconies measuring 9.5 and 11 sq.m and a terrace of around 13 sq.m in total.
The outdoor space is bordered by a perimeter wall 3 metres high, and comprises:
- A paved area with cobblestones;
- The garden, with flowerbeds, lawn and hedges;
- A solid wood structure covered with wisteria, with a stone and tiled barbecue area and a large stone table (2 x 1 metres)
- The swimming pool measuring 11 x 5 metres with a central depth of 2.2 metres, with hydromassage and counter-current, stone poolside and border and an adjacent changing room, storeroom and bathroom with shower.
Use and potential uses
Villa Hedera would be a perfect main residence, for those wishing to live close to a large city without giving up the peace and quiet of the historic centre of a small village, and it would also be ideal for those wishing to go down the hospitality route, opening a charming B&B with swimming pool in Northern Piedmont, less than an hour from the lake district and Milan.
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, this web site and the materials are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. LuxuryRealEstate.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed, implied, or statutory including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not warrant that this web site or the materials are completely error free, will operate without interruption, are compatible with all equipment and software configurations, free of viruses, errors, or other harmful components, or will otherwise meet your needs.