Located at Hat Head, on the mid-north coast of NSW, is this architect designed house with three large double bedrooms and two bathrooms. It is large enough to cater for your family or friends and yet the clever design works well for just a couple.
The house lies within two-and-a-half acres of flat land, part garden and part-native bush (paperbarks and eucalyptus) with substantial area out the back of the house to build another residence or just enjoy the peace and quiet.
The house was commissioned by the present owners and completed in mid-2003, and is a rare opportunity for you and your family to enjoy an exceptionally fine home in the wonderful coastal environment of Hat Head.
You will find the kitchen, dining, lounge and glazed sun lounge areas share the large central heart of the house allowing the family or guests to feel included, but still able to find their own space. While these spaces flow into one another, each of them is clearly defined, maintaining its separate character and use.
A door at one end of this main living area leads to the principal bedroom, which has its own deck, accessed through glazed sliding doors, and ensuite bathroom.
From the opposite end of the main living area, a wide hall leads to the front door, and then continues, with doors to the other bedrooms, a bathroom, and a laundry leading off it.
Both bedrooms and the laundry in this wing of the house also have doors to the outside, full-length glazed ones in the case of the bedrooms.
This section of the cleverly designed house will give you and your family or friends a degree of privacy and separation from the main part of the house and if it's a case of the children having left home, this area is ideal guest accommodation.
The hall also contains a glazed section incorporating French doors that open onto a patio, shaded by a pergola.
There are two decks -- one, like the patio, facing east and also making an ideal breakfasting spot, the other west, and just the place for a sundowner, wrap up the generous tally of outside spaces attached to the house.
A separate garage/workshop building shares the same architectural style as the house and is the location for a substantial solar panel array.
Twelve great things about this house:
* One completely level floor area throughout, with no steps anywhere inside
* Main living areas that flow seamlessly into one another and bedrooms located to allow owners and guests mutual privacy
* Folding doors, French doors and sliding glass screens that combine to blur the boundary between the inside of the house and outside
* Three deck areas plus a paved patio ensure you can breakfast in the sun, lunch in the shade and enjoy a barbecue and al fresco glass of wine in the evening -- for every occasion and time of day, there's a perfect outdoors spot
* Air-conditioning-free living -- thanks to optimum through-ventilation, deep eaves, brise soleils above windows and extensive insulation. Here's a home that's cool on the hottest day and comfy in winter
* A large log-burner to provide a cheerful focal point at the heart of the house on dark winter evenings
* Feed-in solar array (2 Kwh) mounted on the garage/workshop roof and facing due north for maximum efficiency
* 22,500-litre rainwater tank, plus connection to town water supply
* Outside showering area and timber screening
* NBN fixed wireless (fast, reliable Internet connection)
* An easy, scenic ten-minute stroll along the side of a tidal creek to the beach
* So much wildlife on the doorstep
For your maintenance convenience, the house comes with a hectare of flat land and for those bush walks and long term peace and quiet the property neighbours the Hat Head National Park.
The wide crescent of Hat Head beach, with its crystal-clear water, famed for fishing and swimming, is a very short walk away, while other beaches can be reached along a network of scenic coastal paths. The kids will be safe in this beachside hamlet, your family will enjoy the exercise from the walk to the beach, and with a National Park close by, and the Pacific stretching in front of it, Hat Head isn't somewhere that's going to change in a hurry.
Hat Head village itself has a post office and two stores, and an RSL club.
Please call Peter to arrange an inspection at any time that suits you best.
One level floor area throughout, No steps anywhere inside, Living areas flow seamlessly into one another, Bedrooms designed to allow owners and guests mutual privacy, Folding doors, French doors and sliding glass screens, Three deck areas, Paved patio area, Air-conditioning-free living, Deep eaves, Brise soleils above windows, Extensive insulation, Large log-burner, Feed-in solar, Garage/workshop, 22,500 litre rainwater tank, Outside showering area and timber screening, NBN fixed wireless (fast, reliable Internet connection), Scenic ten minute stroll to the beach.
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, this web site and the materials are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. LuxuryRealEstate.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed, implied, or statutory including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not warrant that this web site or the materials are completely error free, will operate without interruption, are compatible with all equipment and software configurations, free of viruses, errors, or other harmful components, or will otherwise meet your needs.