This is a classic Georgian Bay 'Great Camp', constructed in the late 1940's and maintained within the same family for over three generations.
Sited on a private 14.5 acre island, the extensive compound includes a main lodge, a self contained main guest cabin, two smaller guest cabins, a caretaker's cottage, a two slip boathouse, a children's play house and platform tennis court. The cabins are discretely located throughout the island ensuring maximum privacy for all.
The main lodge is constructed of whole logs and was built by Finnish carpenters in 1948.
It features a living room with high beamed ceiling and stone fireplace, a large kitchen with electric stove, original wood stove, two refrigerators, a freezer, kitchen island, wet bar and pantry area.
The dining hall, surrounded by windows can accommodate 24 and an adjacent alcove has a games table and piano.
There are two bedrooms each with closets, a linen closet, a loft for extra storage or sleeping and a bathroom (3pc) with shower.
A space below the main lodge houses a large laundry room with half bath and shower room, storage for tools and sports equipment and an area for storing a garden tractor.
A large stone terrace fronting the lodge faces expansive water views.
The 'Hideaway', the main guest cottage, is of half log construction and was built in the early 1950's. Completely self contained it has a living room with large stone fireplace, a sunroom surrounded by windows and kitchen with refrigerator/freezer and gas stove.
A two bedroom cottage, the master bedroom has an adjoining three quarter bath, and both bedrooms have generous closet space.
A 4 piece main bathroom has tub & shower.
An outdoor wooden deck overlooks wonderful water views.
The West Guest Cabin also built in 1948 of half log construction has three bedrooms, a half bath and separate shower room and a screened front porch.
The East Guest cabin of the same vintage and construction has two bedrooms, a half bath ands a screened porch.
The self contained Caretaker's Cabin, located close to the boathouse, has a large kitchen
with refrigerator/ freezer and gas stove, a living room with walk out wooden deck, two bedrooms and a 3pc. bath with tub. It also has a small attic area for storage and a full basement.
The Boat House, built ~ 1948 of half log construction, has been recently renovated.
It has two large interior slips, a large workshop and loft above. There is also an outside slip covered by lean-to roof. The boat house is equipped with lifts for winter storage of boats.
A delightful two room half log construction play house was added for children.
The main lodge and main guest cottage have both been recently improved with tuck pointing to the fireplaces and new metal roofs.
The island features lawn areas, hiking paths, stone and asphalt walkways with cedar rails,
a Platform Tennis Court, floating dock, a sand beach, wonderful swimming areas and fabulous water views from every part of the island.
The island is equipped with a fire pump and hose.
Maud Island is ideally located on the South Channel, an easy fifteen minute boat ride from Parry Sound, and in close proximity to the private Sans Souci Tennis Club and Community Centre.
A very special property, islands of this size and quality rarely come onto the open market.
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, this web site and the materials are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. LuxuryRealEstate.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed, implied, or statutory including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not warrant that this web site or the materials are completely error free, will operate without interruption, are compatible with all equipment and software configurations, free of viruses, errors, or other harmful components, or will otherwise meet your needs.