Looking out over the green hills on the border between Umbria and Toscana, Borgo dei Terzieri is a property used for farm holiday activities. It consists of a main house with six ensuite bedrooms and a master apartment, a secondary house with two apartments and utility rooms, a restaurant with a panoramic terrace and ample areas intended for use as a kitchen and for the processing of meats and foods, a covered car park, a panoramic swimming pool and various buildings to be used for farming activities. The property is surrounded by about 3 hectares of agricultural land that is well maintained and cultivated.
We are just a few hundred metres from Città della Pieve, a quaint village with ancient origins.
Just a short distance away are other important historic Umbrian towns: Chiusi (11 km), Chianciano Terme (23 km), Castiglion del Lago (27 km) and Montepulciano (33 km), all of which can be reached in less than half an hour by car. Perugia is 43 km away and Siena is 90 km away.
We are in a central position between Florence (132 km) and Rome (149 km), which can be reached in about an hour and a half. The nearest airport is that of Perugia St. Egidio, just 53 km away, while the airport of Florence is 130 km away (an hour and a half by car).
Description of buildings
Borgo dei Terzieri consists of various buildings intended for farm holiday activities:
- Main house: on three levels, it includes a master apartment with a large kitchen, a living room, three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a pantry. There are 6 ensuite bedrooms intended for tourist accommodation. The floor below street level consists of three cellars and two groundings.
- Secondary house: on two levels, it consists of two separate apartments, each with kitchen/dining room, two bedrooms and two bathrooms, one with a porch and the other with a terrace. Moreover, on the ground floor, there is a technical room and a baggage deposit, which can be accessed from outside;
- Dining area: there is a restaurant on the ground floor, with two bathrooms for customers and a large panoramic terrace outside, overlooking the valley. The area below street level is completely dedicated to the processing, transformation and preparation of food: it comprises a kitchen, rooms for the fermentation of grapes and bottling, rooms for the preparation of meats, five storage rooms and a bathroom;
- 3 sheds of a total area of 116 sqm;
- 2 stables of a total area of 93 sqm;
- 1 barn of 20 sqm;
- 2 saddleries of a total area of 52 sqm;
- 1 rostrum;
- 1 chicken coop;
- a covered car park;
All the buildings have retained the architectural features of the old rural farmhouses of Umbria/Tuscany. They are in excellent conditions and can be used immediately for the continuation of farm holiday activities.
The property is surrounded by about 3 hectares of agricultural land that is well kept and cultivated: about 5000 sqm are vineyards producing DOC red wine, there is an olive grove with about 400 olive-producing trees and a vegetable garden. On the remaining area are the stables for sheltering horses and sheep, an annexe for farmyard animals with a pond for geese and ducks, horse-riding stables with barns, boxes, stalls, a round pen and fully equipped enclosed track.
Just a short walk from the houses is a swimming pool measuring 6m x 12m, in a panoramic, sunny position, surrounded by a garden with natural essences and cypress trees.
Usage and potential
Borgo dei Terzieri’s vocation is undoubtedly that of tourist accommodation, thanks to its strategic position between Umbria and Tuscany. Its panoramic location and its rural architectural features, typical of the area, are all elements that are highly valued by national and international tourism.
Barn/Stable, Gazebo, Horse Facilities, Paddock, Swimming, Terrace.
Garden View, Hills View, Panoramic, View.
Bed and Breakfast, Country Home.