Paula Kothmann-Preston obtained her real estate license in 2015 after several years of investing in real estate in Austin. She would especially enjoy assisting others in finding and leasing lucrative investment properties.
Her real estate experience includes:
• Short-term rentals in her South Congress (“SoCo”) Austin primary residence
• Long-term rentals in her Travis Heights condo and 4BR home; Northloop; and Parmer Tech Corridor
• Short-term rentals in her husband’s Travis County ranch cabin
• Minerals and surface estate management in the Eagle Ford and Pearsall Shales
• Hunting leases in South Texas
• 1031 exchange of rural properties for residential rentals
A graduate of Trinity University, Paula also watches the San Antonio real estate market. The daughter of a long line of cattle ranchers, Paula learned about real estate from her father, who helped develop a Concan, Texas, ranch into vacation sites on the Frio River. She’s a member of Texas Land and Minerals Association, an organization dedicated to responsible development of minerals that respect nature and surface owners’ rights.
Paula lived several years in Austria and has one daughter, who lives in England, near BRE’s partner Mayfair International Properties HQ in London. She holds an MA in Germanic Studies from The University of Texas in Austin and a Certified Minerals Manager credential. Her volunteer activities include Austin Opera and the Bouldin Creek Neighborhood Association.
A Certified Fund Raising Executive, Paula works part-time as Development Director for Foundation for the Homeless. She advocates for more affordable housing in Austin and believes that home ownership is an important element for long-term financial security. She joined BRE in November 2015.