Cindy was born in Florence, Alabama and graduated from Coffee High School. She has a Bachelor of Fine Arts in theatre and a Masters in Business Administration from the University of West Florida in Pensacola.
Cindy has 36 years of experience in the Residential Real Estate industry . Her career includes working as a lender, working in risk management with a private mortgage insurance company, and over the last 11 years in sales with Harry Norman Realtors.
Cindy loves working with both Buyers and Sellers and finds she is a better informed as agent by doing so.
Cindy wants her clients to be happy about working with her during the buying and selling process and to continue to call on her with real estate questions and needs for many years to come.
Most importantly, Cindy feels that the opportunity to “serve” is a gift she is given daily as a REALTOR.
• Joined Harry Norman Realtors in 2008. Obtained real estate license in Georgia in 1987. Originally licensed as a real estate agent in Florida in 1979.
• Executive with United Guaranty Corporation (UGC), a private mortgage insurance company from 1990 – 2007. Positions included Vice President and Operating Group Executive, Domestic Services Group, one of four operating groups at United Guaranty; National Accounts Vice President, managing the relationships of six of UGC’s top tier lender customers; and Regional Vice President of Underwriting, managing six underwriting offices in the Southeast and Southwest regions.
• Eight years of lending and servicing experience with the former Home Federal of San Diego starting in 1982. Managed three wholesale lending offices in Atlanta, Washington, DC and Tampa from 1986 - 1990. In February of 1989, the Atlanta office was the number one residential lender for the Atlanta area. Initially worked in the Loan Servicing and Collections departments while living in San Diego.
• Senior Executives Institute – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, June 2005
• Masters of Business Administration – University of West Florida, August 1981
• Bachelor of Fine Arts – University of Georgia, June 1978
• Member of Atlanta Board of REALTORS Multi Million Dollar
Sales Club 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
• Member of Cobb Association of REALTORS Multi Million Dollar Club
2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
• Top 5 Listing and Selling Agent Cobb Marietta Office 2014, 2016, 2018
• Top 10 Listing & Selling Agent Cobb Marietta Office 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017
Accredited Buyer Representative - This NAR designation prepares agents who work directly with Buyers at each stage of the home selling process. No matter if you are a first time home Buyer or have sold many homes, it is important to have an agent that has current knowledge of the real estate market.
SRES – The Seniors Real Estate Specialist, SRES is a NAR designation and prepares agents to assist and support the special needs of maturing clients in buying or selling. This is an important service to these clients and their families at a time when they are making critical, life-changing decisions.
Accredited Relocation Specialist – in obtaining the designation of an Accredited Relocation Specialist, I have received specialized training to help Buyers who are relocating to the Atlanta Metro area and Sellers who are relocating to other areas. Buying and Selling can be stressful enough but even more so when purchasing in an area you are not familiar with or selling and saying a long distance good bye to favorite places, friends and sometimes family as well.
Have you worked with Cindy Canterbury before and want to write a testimonial on their behalf?