Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices KoenigRubloff Realty Group Concludes Company-Wide Week of Kindness Event
Posted by Daisy Danao — July 30, 2018
CHICAGO, IL – Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices KoenigRubloff Realty Group and the KoenigRubloff Cares Foundation concluded their annual company-wide Week of Kindness. During the event, close to 500 Realtors® from 22 offices gave their time and talents to benefit local philanthropic organizations in their respective communities.
Nancy Nagy, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices KoenigRubloff Realty Group, said, “Reaching out to those in our communities and lending a hand is such an important part of who we are as a company.” She continued, “Our Foundation’s Week of Kindness simply gives us an opportunity to make a concerted impact. I’m very proud of the agents and staff who make this company so great.”
KoenigRubloff Cares Foundation Chairman Joe Stacy added, “I’m moved every year when I learn about the organizations the agents in our offices have chosen to support during our Week of Kindness.” He continued, “Listening to the individual stories our volunteers relay about their experiences is always touching and reminds me that even small acts can snowball to make a big difference. Little kindnesses can go such a long way.”
During the event, KoenigRubloff agents and staff:
- Sorted 200 books and 300 articles of clothing at Love, INC.
- Collected more than 1000 pairs of shoes for men, women and children around the world.
- Conducted a diaper drive for Twice as Nice Mother & Child.
- Collected and/or repacked 55,000 pounds of food for the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
- Made 25 blankets for Project Linus that provides homemade blankets to children in need of comfort.
- Served a delicious lunch and dinner to guests at Ronald McDonald House.
- Baked 17 dozen cookies through the Cookies from the Heart program at Ronald McDonald House Near Lurie Children’s Hospital.
- Offered onsite shred services so consumers could securely destroy sensitive documents.
- Threw a six-year birthday party for the Ronald McDonald House Near Lurie.
- Prepared and served more than 425 meals at Ronald McDonald House and DuPage PADS.
- Beautified two Little City Foundation homes for the summer months.
- Sponsored a Blood Drive that had the potential to save 39 lives.
- Prepared and packed 66,000 meals at Feed My Starving Children.
- Ran in the Race Against Hate.
- Stocked shelves at The West Deerfield Food Pantry.
- Collected food items and necessities for The West Deerfield Food Pantry, The Salvation Army and the Elmhurst-Yorkville Food Pantry.
To find out more about the KoenigRubloff Cares Foundation, please visit KoenigRubloffCares.com.
About Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices KoenigRubloff Realty Group
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices KoenigRubloff Realty Group is a full-service real estate firm with nearly 1,500 real estate professionals and staff in 22 offices serving customers throughout the Chicago metropolitan area, the North Shore, Western Suburban communities and Harbor Country, Michigan. Deep local roots are complemented by the extensive global reach of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, the top real estate brand in the nation. Affiliated and ancillary services in the form of HomeServices Lending, Fort Dearborn Title and Fort Dearborn Insurance complete the comprehensive services offered to clients. Visit KoenigRubloff.com.