CHICAGO, IL – Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices KoenigRubloff Realty Group and the KoenigRubloff Cares Foundation concluded their annual company-wide Week of Kindness. During the event, close to 500 Realtors® from 24 offices gave of their time and talents to benefit local philanthropic organizations in their respective communities.
Nancy Nagy, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices KoenigRubloff Realty Group, said, “Our annual Week of Kindness event is truly inspiring.” She continued, “It's more than volunteering. It's who we are. It's what we do. We make great neighbors by being great neighbors.”
KoenigRubloff Cares Foundation Chairman Joe Stacy added, “When I reflect on our Foundation’s work since its inception, I am blown away by all that we’ve accomplished.” He continued, “Seeing our agents and employees come together within their communities to lend a helping hand is heartwarming. At its core, our Foundation is about caring for those around you and, while our event is one week out of the year, being kind is an integral part of our company culture every single day.”
During the event, KoenigRubloff agents and staff:
- Sorted 15,000 books for children with limited access to them at Bernie’s Book Bank.
- Collected more than 500 pairs of shoes for children around the world who risk serious injury because they don’t have footwear.
- Facilitated 40 pet adoptions through PAWS Chicago.
- Prepared 940 emergency meal packs for seniors through Meals on Wheels
- Collected and/or repacked 27,000 pounds of food for the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
- Made 21 blankets for Project Linus that provides homemade blankets to children in need of comfort.
- Baked 25 dozen cookies through the Cookies From the Heart program at Ronald McDonald House Near Lurie Children’s Hospital.
- Threw a five-year birthday party for the Ronald McDonald House Near Lurie.
- Prepared and served more than 400 meals at Ronald McDonald House, the Salvation Army, DuPagePADS and the Interfaith Action Coalition.
- Beautified two Little City Foundation homes for the summer months.
- Prepared and packed 14,000 meals at Feed My Starving Children.
- Played 35 rounds of Bingo at the Lakeview Rehab Center.
- Made crafts and gave facials at Anixter Center.
- Ran in the Race Against Hate.
- Stocked shelves at The West Deerfield Food Pantry.
- Collected and delivered food items and necessities to The Glen Ellyn Food Pantry, Loaves & Fishes, The West Deerfield Food Pantry, The Salvation Army, The Northfield Food Pantry, Glenkirk, and the Elmhurst-Yorkville Food Pantry.
To find out more about the KoenigRubloff Cares Foundation, please visit KoenigRubloffCares.com
About Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices KoenigRubloff Realty Group
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices KoenigRubloff Realty Group is a full-service real estate firm with nearly 1,500 real estate professionals and staff in 24 offices serving customers throughout the Chicago metropolitan area, the North Shore, Western Suburban communities and Harbor Country, Michigan. Deep local roots are complemented by the extensive global reach of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, the top real estate brand in the nation. Affiliated and ancillary services in the form of HomeServices Lending, Fort Dearborn Title, and Fort Dearborn Insurance complete the comprehensive services offered to clients. Visit KoenigRubloff.com.