Golf Legend Phil Mickelson and His Wife List Rancho Santa Fe Estate for $7.095M
Posted by Claire Adams — January 31, 2012
The 9,500-square-foot, five-bedroom Tuscan-style home sits on 4.88 acres and comes with two guest villas. This incomparable estate offers some of the most stunning, unobstructed sunset views in Rancho Santa Fe.
“Simply put, this is one of the finest and most private estates you’ll find – anywhere,” said Susan Bartow, listing agent for the Mickelsons. “The materials used and craftsmen who built this incredible estate are second to none.”
Bartow (www.SusanSellsLuxury.com), who has now represented the Mickelsons on four real estate transactions, said the estate is located on the west side of the Covenant. “This 4.88 acre, one-of-a-kind villa is truly world class in every detail,” Bartow said.
Just a sampling of the many unique and exquisite features, include:
- Built entirely on one level, this stunning home features a master suite designed and built with unparalleled attention to detail.
- Hand-plastered ceilings, hand-carved fireplaces of white Cantera stone, Calcutta marble imported from Italy, cabinet hardware from Baltica of Romania and Bouvet of France, and a master suite shower featuring a curved-glass enclosure that’s complete with Baccarat crystal and sterling silver fixtures.
- The single-level floor plan (without any steps) includes soaring ceilings, trussed beams, and hand distressed walnut flooring, all helping to provide an intimate living environment for this highly functional, well-designed home.
- Intricate mosaics were painstakingly applied over six months by renowned artisan Petri Bersage, the same artisan noted for his work at the Bellagio.
- Perfect for entertaining, the home’s impressive portico opens to the meticulous grounds, lush landscaping, swimming pool, outdoor kitchen, horseshoe pit and sand swept putting green.
- Entertainment center, trophy room (or library/office), exercise room, steam room, sauna and safe room are all part of the main estate.
- Two unique and spacious guest houses -- both finely appointed.