John R. Wood to Open Two New Offices, Adds Cyber Cafe
Posted by Sandy Dorle — July 7, 2011
NAPLES, FL, July 05 – John R. Wood Realtors, Inc. today announced that they are opening two new sales offices, one in Ave Maria in the La Piazza Town Center and the other in North Naples in the Ever Bank Building at 1185 Immokalee Road. The new offices are needed to meet the demands of the firm’s growing clientele and increased sales activity.
The new location on Immokalee Road is in the former Bank of Florida building, a Mizner style structure designed by local architect Dave Humphrey and reminiscent of beautiful buildings from the 1930’s in Boca Raton and Palm Beach, where Mizner became famous.
The Wood firm has leased the entire third floor of the building, offering excellent vistas over the adjacent Collier’s Reserve community. The floor was previously occupied by the bank’s executive team and has luxurious offices throughout.
The current Uptown Office of the Wood company will be moved to the new location, which will be called the “John R. Wood North Naples Office”. All new furnishings are being purchased, and the firm is also unveiling a new concept that will be implemented at all the offices – the cyber café.
Since many agents now operate primarily on a mobile basis, rather than relegated to a desk, the cyber café addresses that business style. Loosely modeled in the form of a Starbucks, it provides a room for the agents to sit and have a cup of coffee while checking email or listings on their iPad. It is the modern version of the office water cooler, a gathering place where agents can exchange information in a casual setting.
There is also sufficient space in the new office for additional agents, so the firm is looking forward to hiring more agents.
The town of Ave Maria has slowly but surely been picking up steam as the real estate market throughout Collier County recovers. An increasing number of buyers are interested in the town that houses Ave Maria University, although many residents are not in any way connected with the school.
The area features as its focal point the Oratory in the center of the town circle, which has recently had the addition of a 70 ton marble sculpture of the Annunciation above the front entrance.
“We are delighted that the market is recovering so strongly for us,” said Phil Wood, President of John R. Wood Realtors. “Our sales are up in all categories, we are aggressively hiring sales associates and are enjoying the best referral business in the market today.” In addition to these new offices, the company has opened a new Fifth Avenue office, new corporate center, and its own residential real estate school – all within the past six months.
John R. Wood Realtors is Southwest Florida’s oldest real estate firm. The company represents over 2,000 clients annually through its 350 agents and staff in nine offices from Marco Island to Sanibel/Captiva.