Intero Real Estate Services Claims Title of Silicon Valley’s #1 Real Estate Company
Posted by Teressa Francis — March 22, 2009
Technology, innovation and an unusual commitment to client service propel company past competitors just six years after opening its doors
Cupertino, CA (March 23, 2009) –- Intero Real Estate Services (http://interorealestate.com), a real estate brokerage firm that has leveraged technology to grow from its Silicon Valley roots to national prominence, is now the dominant real estate company in Santa Clara County according to market share statistics from RE Infolink, the region’s Multiple Listing Service. Intero has achieved the leading market share position just six years since opening its corporate office next to the Apple campus in Cupertino. Intero eclipsed Coldwell Banker Northern California to become the market leader for the first time in January of this year.
According to the RE Infolink data, Intero now has a 17% share of county single family home and condominium sales. Coldwell Banker Northern California accounts for 12% of the market. Alain Pinel Realtors stands at 8%.
Intero’s ascent has followed a steady upward trajectory since its founding in 2002. The company was recognized by REALTOR® Magazine as the fastest growing real estate firm in the nation in 2005. Intero surpassed Alain Pinel for second place in Santa Clara County in 2007.
“This is more than just one brand versus another – it reflects a fundamental shift in the way real estate services are delivered,” said Gino Blefari, Intero’s CEO. “It shows that our investments in technology, our commitment to innovation and vision for a new kind of real estate company have resonated with agents and consumers looking for a different – and better -- experience.”
Intero has recently:
• Launched an award-winning website platform that empowers users to draw their own real estate search areas on a map, check local market conditions, and calculate their home’s value and equity
• Developed an iPhone-optimized real estate search application
• Implemented online chat for connecting home buyers, sellers and agents
• Created the “Andare” (“To go” in Italian) office model, which transforms the real estate office into an inviting, hi-tech workspace for on-the-go consumers and agents
• Released a “One-to-one” online marketing program that creates customized websites for consumers through which they can track their home’s value and monitor recent neighborhood sales
“While other companies have been forced to pull back in this market -- cutting services and slashing marketing budgets – we continue to innovate and embrace change,” Continued Blefari. “I expect we will emerge from 2009 with an even greater share of the market as more consumers and agents gravitate to our company’s unique offerings”
About Intero Real Estate Services
Intero Real Estate Services was founded in 2002 by a group of Northern California real estate veterans, ready to reinvent the real estate industry. Since that time, the company has become one of the fastest growing real estate companies in the country. Today, Intero Real Estate Services has over 2,000 agents and more than 40 offices in California, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, Texas and Mexico. The company is driven by values of integrity, compassion, loyalty, commitment, and professionalism.