5 First-Time Homebuyer Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
August 2, 2019
Courtesy of Robin Kencel, The Robin Kencel Group at Compass
GREENWICH, CT - Unless you are fortunate enough to be a first-time homebuyer that works in real estate, residential construction or interior design, purchasing a home can be a daunting process.
Of the missteps many first-time homebuyers make, they frequently fall under five common themes:
- Not taking the time to learn about various locations and features in a town.
- Underestimating the cost of construction, renovation or simple decorating projects.
- Not thinking about future space or floor plan needs.
- Letting emotion override logic.
- Forgetting that location is key.