Another trails season along the Wasatch Back
May 16, 2018
It's that time again, time to tune up the bike, get the trail runners out and dust off the hiking boots for another trails season along the Wasatch Back! The Mountain Trails crew kicked off the 2018 season. The trail crew has been cleaning up downed trees, removal of some barbed wire fence in the Round Valley area and working on a new trail along the Weber River in Oakley!
The Mountain Trails Foundation has a few events to get you excited for summer in Park City!
May 18th: BIKE TO WORK DAY
Park City citizens are invited to embrace pedal power by biking to school, work, or play.
- 7:30 - 10 a.m. - Breakfast, bike tune-ups, bike wash, and bike safety info @ Park City High School
- 7:50 a.m. - Students biking to school, meet at the PC MARC, Aspen Villas, Arches Park or PC Heights to ride to school together with a bike police escort.
- There will also be helmet fittings, a barbecue and safety demonstrations behind Parleys Park Elementary from 1 to 3 p.m.McPolin Elementary will have a similar event from 11 a.m. to noon.
MAY 19TH & 20TH: COLESPORT BIKE SWAP
Join us at Cole Sport's Park Avenue location(1615 PARK AVE) for our annual Bike Swap benefiting the Mountain Trails Foundation.
- May 19th @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- May 20th @ 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
MAY 23RD: MOUNTAIN MADNESS
Open house for all-things-trails and alternate transportation. Mountain Trails Foundation, Park City Municipal and trails organzations from all over the region will be presenting updates for the coming summer season.
Wednesday, May 23
5:30 - 8:30pm
Complimentary refreshments and drinks. Cash Bar proceeds supports Mountain Trails.
Opportunity Drawing - Super Cool Stuff!
JUNE 2ND: NATIONAL TRAILS DAY
Join the Mountain Trails Crew Saturday, June 2 for National Trails Day. This year we will be working on a new trail connection between Rademan Ridge and the Old Ranch Rd trailhead.
- 8:00-8:30am: Meet at the Old Ranch Road trailhead
- 8:30-9am: Safety talk & hike to work site
- 9am-12pm: Trail Work
- 12:30pm: Pizza & refreshments at Red Rock!
For more information about Mountain Trails Foundation or for a full calander of events visit http://mountaintrails.org