Brindley Park - One of Australia’s premier rural estates
Merriwa, New South Wales, 2329, Australia
- 598.0 acres
- Hunter Valley
- 598 acre country estate in the Hunter Valley
- 2.5 hours from the start of the F3 freeway from Sydney.
- Stunning country homestead
- Extensive additional accommodation in heritage guest lodge
- Summer house, pool & tennis court
- Stunning grounds which encompass beautiful gardens and countless water features
- Orchard and extensive herb & vegetable garden
- Additional 4560 acres available for sale by separate negotiation
- Tennis Court(s)
- Central/Center Hall
- Formal Dining Room
- Game Room
- Guest House Separate
- Living Room
- Garden View
- Pasture View
The property features an exceptional contemporary homestead; pool; tennis courts; summer house; a charming heritage 6 bedroom guest lodge; and 580+ acres of flat usable, highly fertile land.
This historic premier river front landholding was originally granted to William Wentworth and John Blaxland in the early 1800’s and is one of Australia’s oldest farming properties.
The main residence, a neo-Palladian masterpiece, boasts classical sandstone columns and walls, tessellated granite floors, 5 metre high ceilings, a slate tile roof, beautiful Teak panelled entry doors; hand carved marble fireplaces and solid timber detailing.
Other features of this magnificent estate include:
• A private library with semi-circular barrel-vaulted ceiling and floor to ceiling Silvertop Stringbark hardwood joinery and detailing
• Expansive gourmet kitchen with cool room, butler’s pantry and extenisve bench & storage space
• A series of formal & informal entertaining rooms ideal for large groups
• An impeccably renovated sandstone heritage guest lodge featuring six king-size en-suited bedrooms with original Red Cedar timber finishing and full marble bathrooms
• A summer house with 5m wide fully screened verandas and games rooms
• 18m semi-circular mosaic tiled heated wet-edge pool and entertaining area
• Tennis court, bocci pit and chip-and-putt golf lawn
• Traditional English style 1/2 acre moated flower, herb & vegetable garden
• Original slab timber stables with recreation and bunk rooms (now used as an office)
• Situated in a protected easterly facing valley with picturesque views and stand of shade and shelter timber
Brindley Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own one of Australia’s finest country manor estates.
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, this web site and the materials are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. LuxuryRealEstate.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed, implied, or statutory including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not warrant that this web site or the materials are completely error free, will operate without interruption, are compatible with all equipment and software configurations, free of viruses, errors, or other harmful components, or will otherwise meet your needs.