Davant Plantation 2040 Acres - Sold
Ridgeland, South Carolina, 29936, United States
- 5000 sqft
- 2040.0 acres
- Located between the historic seaport cities of Charleston and Savannah
- One of the prettiest houses in South Carolina circa 1820
- Over 2000 acres of beautiful hunting lands
- Fly fishing in well stocked lake
- Stables, kennels, managers house, workman's house and four guest houses
- Quail hunting, dove shoots, turkeys, and white tail deer
The plantation has an established release quail program, quality deer management, productive dove fields and an excellent turkey population. The year-round hunting management includes plantings of partridge pea, sorghum and millet for quail, chufa plots for turkey, oats and clover for deer, and sunflower and corn for doves. There are over 1,800 acres of merchantable timber with an ongoing program to restore the longleaf pine forests. Davant was the location for the movie "Something to Talk About" featuring Julia Roberts, Dennis Quaid and Robert Duvall.
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, this web site and the materials are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. LuxuryRealEstate.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed, implied, or statutory including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not warrant that this web site or the materials are completely error free, will operate without interruption, are compatible with all equipment and software configurations, free of viruses, errors, or other harmful components, or will otherwise meet your needs.